This week I wanted to experiment a little, and create another recipe post for you guys. I did one a while back, on some snack bowls that I love, but I thought I would be a bit more adventurous and try to create my own smoothie bowl recipe!
I always see so many beautiful smoothie bowls on Instagram and Pinterest, but when I look at the recipes, they look kind of complicated or use lots of ingredients that I don’t usually have at home. That’s why with this recipe I created, you can find the ingredients in pretty much any store if you don’t already have them at home. And if I do say so myself, it tastes AMAZING.
I wanted to create something that reminded me of a hot summers day by the beach and had an interesting and exciting taste, not just your regular berry smoothie. And I gotta say, it worked out pretty well. This smoothie bowl is exploding with mango, coconut, lime, and ginger, and if summer were a food, this would be it. The flavours just jump out at you and complement each other so well. I’m so excited to share this recipe with you!
- 2 small mangos
- 1 squeeze of lime juice
- 1 tiny cut piece of ginger
- 2 pots of coconut yogurt. (I used the small pots that usually serve one person, but if you’re using yogurt from a huge tub, just put the equivalent of that)
- 1 spoon of shredded coconut
- A mix of dried berries, nuts, seeds, granola, and fruits for the topping.
- Peel the mangos and cut a piece of ginger.
- Put the mangos, ginger, lime juice, coconut yogurt, and shredded coconut into a blender, and mix till your smoothie reaches a creamy consistency. (add more yogurt if needed)
- Pour your smoothie into a bowl, and top it with whatever fruits, seeds, or granola you want.
- Snap a picture of your smoothie bowl, and tag @Little.Miss.Expat in it!
I hope you enjoy making this recipe and let me know if you try it out, and what you think. Be sure to tag me in any of your photos for a repost!
See you next week,
Little Miss Expat
Like this post – Click the button underneath this post