Today is my sixteenth Birthday!! FINALLY! I’m a summer baby, so most of my friends are already 16, and today I’ve finally caught up. Most people say that your sixteenth birthday is definitely one to remember, so I decided to do something special for this one. For this Birthday I wanted to do something meaningful, I didn’t want to receive lots of fancy gifts. I asked anyone who was going to get me a gift, to donate what they would have spent on me to UNICEF on my fundraising site instead, because that’s something that really makes a difference to people that need it. Along with the fundraising, I also wanted to write this post, and share 16 of the most valuable lessons I’ve learned in 16 years of being alive, so here they are:
- Always be kind, whatever the situation. Even if someones hurting you, stand up for your self, but in the wise words of Selena Gomez ‘Kill Em With Kindness’.
- Everything happens for a reason, even if it doesn’t seem like it at the moment. Life’s path twists and turns, sometimes you don’t realise it, but what may seem terrible now, can lead you to the best place.
- Live in the moment and savor it. You’ll regret missing out on it later on. Don’t get too caught up in the small details of life, don’t stress and worry instead of enjoying. Opportunity and experiences only happen once, so put your all into them.
- Don’t do things to make others happy, do them because they make YOU happy. You don’t have to be a specific person, or do things to make others happy if you don’t like them, because in the end where does that take you? Your first loyalty is to yourself.
- However bad today is, it won’t seem as bad tomorrow. I like to think of it as ‘there’s always calm after the storm’ after the heat of the moment it always calms down, and sometimes there’s even a rainbow.
- Don’t do things to ‘fit in’ just be you. This needs no explanation.
- Find your ‘happy thing’ something that you love to do, and keep doing that.
- Look for the silver lining in a bad situation.
- Don’t forget to be happy, smile, laugh, life is meant to be enjoyed. Don’t stress out all the time, don’t worry all day, remember to just enjoy yourself sometimes.
- It’s okay to let go of things if they don’t bring you joy. You don’t have to hold onto things forever, especially if they hurt you or don’t make you happy, it’s okay to let them go.
- Always be the bigger person. This can be so hard, but in the end, the bigger person always comes out less harmed. Take pride in your maturity and be the bigger person.
- Don’t hold grudges, it takes so much effort. By giving someone that space in your mind, you’re already giving them power over you.
- You can’t fix everything and everyone. You can’t do it, and it’s not your responsibility, sometimes there are things that can’t be helped.
- Be creative. While I always live by my planner, it’s good to have a creative outlet as well, it makes you grow.
- Do things that are out of your comfort zone once in a while. No one’s destined to live a boring life, go on an adventure and be spontaneous.
- Watch sunsets, eat good food, read books, talk to people, do the things that make you happy. There’s no point doing things that don’t.
I hope you enjoyed reading 16 of the most important things I’ve learned in 16 years. Let me know down below if you would add anything to this list, or which ones your favourite.
See you next week!
Little Miss Expat
Follow my Instagram – Little.Miss.Expat
Follow this blog – Click the button on the homepage
Like me on Facebook – Little Miss Expat Blog
Like this post – Click the button underneath this post
Please read my first post.
Happy Birthday Girl! I also turned 16 this year!! 2002 babes!
Hope you have an amazing year!!
Than you, no way!!
Happy belated birthday!! This post is so interesting and true💚💚 Hope you had a lovely day:) Just found your blog and Instagram and I’m loving them already; always great to find another teen blogger Xx
Thank you, I’m so happy you enjoyed reading this post! Yes, let’s definitely keep in touch! ❤️