As some of you may know, this month is the Dubai Fitness Challenge! This is when people all over Dubai are encouraged to do 30 mins of exercise for 30 days to promote a healthy lifestyle. There are lots of really interesting fitness activities being offered, from running down Sheikh Zayed Road to yoga lessons on the beach, and I think it’s a great opportunity to get out and active! I find it hard to motivate myself to exercise this time of year, so having a city full of people with the same fitness goal as myself is a great help. In this post, I wanted to share 10 of my top fitness activities in Dubai that you could try this month!
- Paddle Boarding on Kite Beach – this is such a fun way to stay active! This time of year the temperature is perfect for a day at the beach and I assure you, while paddleboarding is fun, it can also be a workout. Here’s a place where you can rent paddleboards on Kite Beach.
- Barry’s Boot Camp Dubai – I have wanted to try Barry’s workout classes for the longest time!! I know my friends who have been there said that they do amazing classes and they’re really motivational for those days when you feel like you can’t push yourself.
- Try Mountain Biking in Hatta – I am definitely not the adventurous type for mountain biking, but the other week I tried a bike trail in the Hatta mountains and it was really fun. It is certainly a different part of the UAE to see and a great way to work out with friends and family. Head to the Wadi Hub to find out all the fun sporting activities they have up there.
- Kayaking in the Mangroves in Abu-Dhabi – (okay, I know this isn’t actually in Dubai, but I couldn’t help include it in this list!) This is another activity that is on my UAE bucket list. I’ve driven past the mangroves on a trip to Abu Dhabi and they look like something you would not expect to find in a desert! You can book kayaking tours of the mangroves here.
- Inner Fight Gym Dubai – Brought to you by Marcus Smith, the man who ran 30 marathons in 30 days (insane right!) this gym has some of the best fitness classes in the city!
- Bounce Fit – Going to a trampoline park may sound fun, but I’m serious, this was one of the hardest workouts I’ve ever done. You can book a group class at Bounce and work out alongside friends.
- The Trip at GFX Dubai – Fancy trying a spinning class? This spinning class is like no other! You cycle facing a cinema screen which makes you think you’re cycling through different locations. This is probably top on my list of fitness classes to try in Dubai.
- Park run in Al Barsha Pond Park – This is one of my favourite locations to run in during the wintertime. After your run, you can have a picnic in the park, have fun in the playground, or buy a snack from one of the stands.
- Organgetheory Fitness – A scientific workout? This is what Organtheory fitness specializes in. They use heart rate monitors to track your intensity and ensure that you’re training in the ‘orange zone’ to make the workout more effective.
- Ice Skating – I am not the best at ice skating, but it can be an alternative workout if you’re not keen on going to a fitness class. You can visit the ice rink located in the Dubai Mall and even book a lesson.
Just writing this post has made me excited to try out some of these cool workout options during the Dubai Fitness Challenge! You can visit the official Dubai Fitness Challenge site here to take a look at all the fun activities they’re hosting this month. I hope you enjoy some of these recommendations and let me know in the comments if you have any other suggestions.
See you next week,