As you know, this week was International Women’s Day, and to me, this day is something to celebrate how far women have come and how much we’ve achieved, but also to recognize inspirational and motivational women. There are some pretty amazing ladies out there, and I wanted to share some of my favourite quotes from them with you guys!
- “We are not kind to the Earth, and that makes us awful at our jobs: taking care of it. Especially after all it does for us. See, this place provides us with life, and all we do to repay that is slowly kill it. It’s a slow, painful death: torturous. We throw our waste all over it, or into the oceans. We slay trees to make more space for ourselves. We pollute the air with our machines, we cover the ground with terrible things to allow cars to drive around a little easier, a little faster. We fill the skies with big buildings, instead of big trees. And the worst part is, in my opinion, that we forget to give anything back. We forget to say thanks. We forget the Earth is even there.” – Chelsea Diehm (@feedingmindbodysoul) I honestly could not put this into better words, since I read it, it’s all I’ve been thinking about. As some of you know, environmental change is something that is very important to me, and I have not yet found anyone who I can relate to as much as Chelsea. She puts her ideas out there and turns her powerful messages into words that everyone can understand. I don’t know about you guys, but these words certainly inspire me. (you should really go take a look at the rest of her writing here, it’s always so well written and interesting)
- “Ultimately we are all just tiny bundles of cells brought together, spinning around together on a flaming ball of gas floating in the universe. Each one of us is a living miracle.” – Leanne Maskell (I would really recommend going to read the rest of her post here) I love this quote because it just puts everything into perspective, when you think about it, her words are completely true and they make you see how small your problems and anxieties actually are, and how lucky we are to be here. I would have loved to put all of her writing in this post, but obviously, I can’t do that. She has a way of writing that makes you see things in a different way, it’s really amazing.
- “At times I feel my soul is scattered all over the globe. Broken up into tiny pieces, thrown across oceans and left behind with people I love or places and moments I’ll never forget. I suppose this is a less violent way of creating Horcruxes?” – Ally Sheehan (@agirlnamedally) How beautiful are these words? Especially for any Harry Potter fans, you’ll get the ending. For an expat and a traveler, this is something that I can really relate to, and she managed to capture the feeling perfectly. Ally has to be one of my greatest inspirations, just go over to her Instagram take a look at some of her thoughts, she always has something positive and interesting to say.
- “When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.” – Malala Yousafzai. How inspirational and simple are these words? Malala managed to spread such a powerful message through her own experiences, she is definitely one of my greatest inspirations.
- “You can never leave footprints that last if you are always walking on tiptoe.” – Leymah Gbowee. This quote will always be one that touches me and empowers me to be bold and make a difference. How can I make a change, if I’m not bold enough to put everything I have into it? It constantly reminds me to take risks and go for what I believe in.
Please note: These quotes are not mine, I credit them to their authors (who I have linked so you can take a look) These are just women who inspire me through their words.
Isn’t it beautiful to look through this post and see strong, powerful, and eloquent women, whose words can change the world? In the past, these words wouldn’t have even been heard, but now the earth echoes with messages like these, spread by women, and it will only continue to. These quotes are some of my favourites, however, there are so many more inspirational words by women, please share yours in the comments. Happy International Women’s Day!
Little Miss Expat
Like this post – Click the button underneath this post